শুক্রবার, ৮ জুলাই, ২০১১

Who brought the shame on us? Answer lies in the question. That is the US.

By Faisal Bin Majid on Friday, June 3, 2011

“Our nuclear program has ensured our survival, our security, and our sovereignty... this has served as a deterrent to conventional war with India”, Abdul Qadeer Khan, widely considered the father of Pakistan’s nuclear bomb, to Newsweek, 31 August 2010.

............................................................

Few months back midnight in a car on avenues of Karachi. Same remarks I heard from a young businessman, “India will think twice before decide to attack Pakistan as we have nuclear weapons” he said to other friend in the car reacting to a complaint from him, “we should make embankment to save people before spent in military”.

“But you are already attacked”, I abruptly commented between their conversation. “You mean only India as enemy, but what about America and American bomb on your land? If you believe this blow of bombs a friendly touch for betterment then I have nothing to say”. I explained.

Not all the four young man, accompanying a new kid in town (me), were certain about whether America is a friend of Pakistan. However, they were sure about Saudi Arabia as most loyal friend of Pakistan. That time, I did not aware them that their “enemy” India is also a good friend of Saudis. I was not supposed to talk much rather hear and sense the pulse of my companions, affianced with Muttahida Quami Movement (MQM).

Hours later, we were on a rooftop of a factory building, enjoying Lassi, glasses after glasses. I opened my camera and shared them a photo of a protest in Lahore two days earlier, where I also joined. It was against a brutal murder of two innocent young brothers by a mob in Shialkot. I am inserting that photo here with a sign to explain you what I tried to tell them by showing this picture.

কোন মন্তব্য নেই:

একটি মন্তব্য পোস্ট করুন